During training, we loose water and minerals in our sweat, we spend energy and require repeated and intense efforts from our muscles. Therefore, after a workout it is essential to restore all of these elements.
• Have a snack within 15 to 30 minutes after workout. Eat carbohydrates (at least 30g), to replenish your energy stores: chocolate milk, yogurt, fruit juice, fruit, dry fruit, cookies, granola bars, bread, crackers, cereal, etc.
• In order to repair muscular fibers, add sources of protein. Studies show that about 10 to 20 grams of protein is sufficient to start the recovery process: milk or substitutes (yogurt, milk, soy beverage, cheese), nuts and seeds, peanut or nut butter, granola bar, smoothie, etc.
• Refer to our homemade snack recipes.
• In addition, a meal must be taken within 2 hours after workout: According to your appetite and your post workout snack, insist upon liquids, carbohydrates and protein, by choosing foods from the 4 food groups: Grains and cereals, fruits and vegetables, milk and substitutes, meat and substitutes.
• If you tend to sweat profusely, think of filling up on minerals (sodium and potassium) by choosing foods such as vegetable juice, soups, crackers (sodium) and fruit and vegetables of a variety of different colors, which are good sources.